On Tuesday, May 8th at 12:23 am, I officially finished The Beast. It currently weighs in at 86,971 words and 349 pages.
1. First and foremost I need to thank three special people, who love me almost as much as I love them!
a. The Hubs: who watched the boys and kept them out of my hair. Who let me stay up all night, and sleep in late.
b. My Mom: who countless times took the boys overnight to give me ample writing time during daytime hours! (say what)
c. My Sister: because let's be honest there wouldn't be a Fiona without you. You sat with me at Barnes & Noble for hours, just so I wouldn't have to sit alone.
2. This was accomplished with the help of Florence + The Machine. I will always and forever bow to her awesomeness.
3. The ever wonderful Carrie Bastyr, knowing that I was two pages away from finishing, continuously harassed me via Twitter, Facebook, Texting, and Smoke Signals (ok the last one was a joke, but come on) She spurred me on, forcing me to (out of sheer determination to shut her up) finally finish typing those last excruciating words.
4. I may or may not have posted, "I have written ALL THE WORDS" on our CP facebook page, just to see how long it would take them to respond.
5. It may or may not have taken 53 seconds (Tristina Wright) 2 minutes (Heather Gryphus)
6. Truth. I made one CP cry (cough Carrie cough) and two almost cry (cough Tristina & Heather)
7. Carrie may or may not have rubbed it their faces that she got to read it first.
8. I may or may not have gotten the following responses:
a. oh my god.... I... oh my god…. (T)
b. *gapes at last page* *tries to form words* *fails* (T)
c. Like is such a weak word. More like "holy effing crap I love this" (T)(feel at this time that I need to mention that response had been edited for language content…lol)
d. Im gonna throw up (H)
e. I KNOW RIGHT? (T)
f. I want the beginning of the 2nd book right now (H)
g. Because seriously, NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO. HELL NO. (T)
h. it was friggin beautiful but I am so depressed (H)
i. I was hysterical with those last words (Carrie) (would like to note that this entire time C has been sobbing…just kidding or am I)
j. It's a beautiful story. If it doesn't get published I'll go homicidal. (T)
k. Well, you get the drift…
9. Truth. I have seriously lucked into the most talented group of girls ever! I just need to thank our small gang of awesomeness for believing in me. Their encouragement and enthusiasm, made me fall back into love with this story! They also refused to let me give up, and I literally owe my sanity to them. So from me to you girls, I love you with all of my heart!
Oh and don't forget to stop by Carrie's blog at Where I Get Wordy for her newest giveaway. It may just include, Insurgent, a preorder of Crewel, and an autographed copy of The Handmaid's Tale