Friday, February 17, 2012
So I've joined the Writer's Platform-Building Campaign over at Rachael Harrie's blog, at the urging of my wonderful CP Carrie, so that I could boost myself back into the blogging world. As you can see I haven't posted in a long, long, long, long time. And if I'm going to be honest... I'm a bit nervous, anxious, excited, and terrified all rolled into one!
I also have my first challenge from Gina at This Is Not Your Blog It's basically a big game of bloggy-tag. I answer her eleven questions, tag eleven new people and ask them eleven new questions. So without further ado…
1. What was the greatest live music experience you've ever had? I'd have to say two of my brother's bands. Skankin Buvas (my brother Josh) and August Burns Red (my brother Jordan)
2. What was your worst date ever? I went on a date to a local carnival, and he ended up getting sick on the first ride. He was literally laying on the ground! I would have felt sympathetic if it hadn't been the Ferris Wheel.
3. If money is no object, what would your dream vacation be? I would love to go back to Barbados! I went my senior year of high school for a missions trip, and would love to take my entire family back there some day. It is beyond beautiful!
4. Would you rather live in a crowded city or small town? Small town. Although, I do like to go to the city.
5. Would you be willing to murder one innocent person if you knew it would guarantee an end to all world hunger? I think I need to plead the fifth.
6. When did you last cry in front of somebody (who is not your partner)? About a week ago…with my sister.
7. Would you be willing to endure night terrors- every night- for the rest of your life if you were given vast personal wealth to use however you wish in exchange? No. My husband suffers from severe PTSD, and I would never wish night terrors on anyone….not even my worst enemy. Well maybe my worst enemy….bad Amber…..no, not even then.
8. If you could choose the manner of your death- but not the timing- what would you choose? Peacefully in my sleep…wouldn't everyone?
9. Would you rather switch back to black and white TV with only five channels, or no internet? Black and white TV. Although, I would probably get so much more writing done if I chose internet!
10. If you could use a voodoo doll to hurt somebody, would you do it? Now I'm tempted. Is this possible? Do you have one I can use?
11. What if the voodoo doll was only able to annoy them tremendously (for example: causes pervasive itching of genitals while in public, causes slight ringing in ears at nighttime, etc), would you do it? Hypothetically speaking, I might have a little fun with it.
Ok, now it's time for my eleven questions… be prepared for the silly….….dun dun dun.
1. Pantser or Planner?
2. Favorite book, movie, and TV show?
3. Would you rather have free Starbucks for five years or free itunes for life?
4. What inspires you more, music or visual (ie: photography, scenery, etc)?
5. Are you also addicted to Pinterest?
6. The question for the ages, Edward or Jacob?
7. Would you rather be able to talk to animals or to be able to speak and understand any language?
8. Would you rather be kidnapped by terrorists or abducted by aliens?
9. What is the genre(s) that you write for?
10. *Warning stolen question* If money were no object, where would your dream vacation take place?
11. Did you cry in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two? Was one of the times when Dumbledore asked Severus, "After all this time?" and Severus responded, "Always. " And if not, are you sure you have a soul?
And now for the lucky eleven that get to answer my ridiculous eleven questions…drumroll please.
1. Carrie Bastyr - Where I Get Wordy
2. Daisy Carter - Fresh As A Daisy
3. Laurie Dennison - Unavoidable Awkwardness
4. Callie Kingston - Callie Kingston
5. Karina Lawrence - Silver Linings
6. Jeigh - writerbrained
7. The Great, the Good and the Bad
8. Melodie Wright - Forever Rewrighting
9. Barbara - Barbara's Meanderings
10. Cindy M Hogan - Cindy M Hogan Author It's All About the Suspense
11. Ashley Nixson - Ashley Nixson
And I'm finally done, and it was a lot of fun! Can't wait to see the answers!