Yea! I was tagged again by Karina Lawrence over at Silver Linings, who I might add the Hubs is convinced is the doppelgänger of Drew Barrymore.
*Sidenote* Hubs was literally obsessed with Drew Barrymore for YEARS, although he will now deny this. It all started when he was on leave from the Army, and he randomly danced with her at a nightclub in the early 90's. The greatest part is that he had no clue it was her until her bodyguard wouldn't let him talk to her after they were done dancing. She did sign a napkin that said "Thanks for the Dance -Drew Barrymore." So sad that it got lost in one of our many moves over the years… um…ok not really.
Anyways, I told him that I thought he needed to stop watching The Vampire Diaries with me. He is obviously getting strange ideas….although Karina does bear a slight resemblance to Drew. Did I also forget to mention Karina's to die for bangs?
So without further ado, my eleven questions…
1. Favourite all time top five movies? The Princess Bride, Mansfield Park (pretty much all Jane Austen movies), Underworld (I'm counting all four as one), Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea (again counted as one), & The Royal Tenenbaums. Wasn't that sneaky how I totally avoided the Twilight movies, even though I secretly LOVE them?
2. Best music to write to? This is so hard. Florence + The Machine, The Civil Wars, Joy Williams, Mazzy Star, The Five Ghosts, Barcelona, Birdy, Sleeping At Last, Sia, Stateless, & pretty much The Vampire Diaries soundtrack.
3. Mornings or nights? Nights. I usually do the bulk of my writing into the wee hours of the night.
4. What made you want to write in the first place? I've always been a ferocious reader, and then one day this idea popped into my head and I thought why not give it a try. My WIP started out as a MG, but I swiftly realized it was better as a YA.
5. Do you have regrets or do you not believe in them? I think everyone has regrets in life, but I choose not to obsess over them.
6. Where's your favourite place in the whole world (real or fictional)? Home. I love listening to the crazy things that spew from my children's mouths on a daily basis. I also love curling up on the couch and losing myself between the comforting covers of an good book.
7. What song(s) make you sing along or get up and dance, no matter where you are? Anything by Florence + The Machine, especially Shake it Off. The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow, AWOL - Sail, & Adele - Rolling in the Deep.
8. Cats or dogs? Dogs. Sadly, I'm allergic to cats.
9. One thing you can't write without (favourite pen, picture of your family, lucky smurf figurine? the weirder the better)? This is going to be embarrassing. My mom bought me a purple Snuggie for Christmas, which I promptly made fun of, but now I can't live without. It's so snuggly and warm, and it has arm holes….ok I need to stop, I'm becoming dangerously close to buying the Forever Lazy (Yes that actually does exist, and yes that is a zippered butt flap. It also comes with a matching pair of fleece socks.)
10. What's your proudest moment? Having my two boys. They really are my greatest achievements. Plus they are unbelievably adorable!
11. One day of true love or all the riches in the world? True Love conquers all….at least that is what YA has taught me…oh yeah, and the Hubs.